DevOps EngineerNovember 28, 2016
Contract - W2
1 year +
Job area code:
Job postal code:
systems administration, configuration experience, Windows, CloudFormation, Terraform, Jenkins, and/or cloud-init, SQL Server database, devops
Project and Responsibilities:
Quest Solutions, Inc. is seeking a DevOps Engineer for a long term contract role in Johnston, IA. This person will design and implement infrastructure automation for new or existing applications within an Agile/Scrum environment with our client. The DevOps Engineer will collaborate daily with fellow Scrum team members to drive best practices and identify innovative strategies for successful software delivery.
The ideal candidate will be a master at infrastructure automation and continuous integration/delivery using tools such as Jenkins and CloudFormation.
- 3+ years of systems administration and configuration experience
- Experience administering and automating Windows.
- Cloud deployment automation experience ideally utilizing CloudFormation, Terraform, Jenkins, and/or cloud-init is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to implement robust, effective, and high quality solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of cloud infrastructure management is preferred.
- Experience automating the configuration of and administration of load balancers, DNS, firewalls, and cloud based networks
- Experience implementing strategies such as blue-green deployments, phoenix environments, immutable infrastructure, and infrastructure as code
- Experience administering a SQL Server database is highly preferred.
- Administration of source code management systems and package repositories
- Database administration and tuning including PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Nginx, Apache, and IIS administration
- Experience in threat monitoring and resolution
- Systems architecture and design